[Gretl-users] weird st. louis fed data in the gretl database

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Sat Mar 10 11:44:24 EST 2012

On Sat, 10 Mar 2012, Allin Cottrell wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Mar 2012, Artur Tarassow wrote:
>
>> I just tried to download some data from the st. loius fed database using
>> gretl's (fedstl). It seems that their is a problem with various gdp
>> components. See an example attached.
>
> This seems to be a client-server problem.

It was a server problem, now fixed.

> The other issue you mention (wrong stuff in the function
> package window where the author's name should be) is also a
> client-server thing.

That's now fixed too, on the server side.

The database problem was, I believe, specific to the latest
build of the "fedstl" database (which had some index lines
longer than the db server was expecting); and the
function-package author problem was specific to gretl 1.9.7cvs
since the beginning of March.