[Gretl-users] gretl 1.9.8 released

Leandro Zipitria leandro.zipitria at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 09:30:02 EDT 2012

Hi,

I'm using Gretl on Fedora and build the package myself (altough its now on
Fedora repos, which is great). I'm attaching the procedure to build your
own package and installing it.

First you have to install rpmbuild (as root: yum install rpmbuild)
Then, as root, copy the attached spec on /root/rpmbuild/SPECS (you have
just update the version each time there is a new version, and also the
number of the Fedora distribution)
Then download the source file from Gretl webpage (
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gretl/gretl-1.9.8.tar.bz2)

Then, as root, run:  rpmbuild -bb /root/rpmbuild/SPECS/gretl.spec
Then (if everything is ok, which is my case): yum erase gretl
Then install the new version:
cd /root/rpmbuild/RPMS/i686
rpm -Uvh gretl-1.9.8-1.fc16.i686.rpm

and that's all.

Maybe you need to install additional packages, if you have errors.

Hope this help.

Regards,
Leandro