[Gretl-users] JOIN function

Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti r.lucchetti at univpm.it
Fri Aug 2 12:26:32 EDT 2013

On Fri, 2 Aug 2013, Andreea Bolos wrote:

> I followed the instructions from the manual but I always get "First char of
> varname is bad (first must be alphabetical)". The names of my variables are
> constructed according to gretl.Do you have any suggestion of what can be
> the problem?

Sometimes the error messages to the join command can be misleading. Can
you send me a reduced version of your data files and instructions so that
I can replicate your problem?

   Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali (DiSES)

   Università Politecnica delle Marche
   (formerly known as Università di Ancona)

   r.lucchetti at univpm.it
   http://www2.econ.univpm.it/servizi/hpp/lucchetti