[Gretl-users] Bug

Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti r.lucchetti at univpm.it
Fri Jul 5 11:24:38 EDT 2013

On Fri, 5 Jul 2013, Andreas Zervas wrote:

> There seems to be a bug in gretl_export and / or mread functions, at least when one uses Octave.
> Check the following script:
>
>  foreign language=Octave
>  combj = nchoosek(1:6,3)
> gretl_export(combj,"combj1.mat");
> end foreign
> combj1 = mread("@dotdir/combj1.mat")
> combj1
>
> One can retrieve the original matrix by this operation, but I guess that is not intended:
>
> combj2 = mshape(vec(combj1'),rows(combj1),cols(combj1))
> combj2

I believe this was fixed in CVS a couple of months ago. What os are you
running? If you use win or osx, could you try the latest snapshot to see
if it works for you?

> Keep the excellent work.

Thanks!

   Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali (DiSES)

   Università Politecnica delle Marche
   (formerly known as Università di Ancona)

   r.lucchetti at univpm.it
   http://www2.econ.univpm.it/servizi/hpp/lucchetti