[Gretl-users] adding description to a variable

Leandro Zipitria leandro.zipitria at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 10:04:19 EST 2014

Dear Gretl users,

I have a dataset that have 200 variables, all by the name prod_# (that is,
a list of products from 1 to 200). I also have a csv with the description
of that product (oil, ham, etc.).

Is there any (simple) way of adding the information of each product to the
description of the variable by reading the csv file? I know that it could
be done "by hand" by editing each variable and copy and paste on the
description of the variable.

I have read the manual, and do not find such way to add descriptions to a
variable.

Regards,
Leandro