[Gretl-users] on kernel density

Leandro Zipitria leandro.zipitria at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 09:32:08 EST 2014

Thanks Ricardo,

I have reversed the axes:

<hansl>
matrix d_1 = kdensity(Water)
matrix d[,1] = d_1[,2]
matrix d[,2] = d_1[,1]
<hansl>

Now its ok. I think that the orders in the commmand kdensity are reversed,
or the gnuplot command use the information in the matrix that Gretl create
in reverse form (column 1 in the x axes and column 2 y axes, when it should
be otherwise). Please check the two figures attached.

With this transformation, everything looks fine.

Thanks a lot for the answers and the change in the program

Gretl is the best!

Leandro

2014-01-28 Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti <r.lucchetti at univpm.it>