[Gretl-users] Absence the Import option from the File>open data menu

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Tue Sep 2 18:49:38 EDT 2014

On Tue, 2 Sep 2014, Hélio Guilherme wrote:

> That option was removed!
>
> You only need to open the file and the import dialog will appear.
> Use the file filter to see the different file formats. (it will
> detect the file format, and ask you for more info)

Hélio is quite right. I would just add one clarification: you start
from the menu item "/File/Open data/User file...", and in the bottom
right-hand corner you find the "filter" that enables you to select
the type of file that you want to open: this includes "native" gretl
data files plus all the import types that we support.

Allin Cottrell

> On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 9:37 PM, Carlos Andrade <prf.cantonio at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> In Gretl 1.9.15cvs, Portuguese version, does not appear the import option
>> from the File> Open Data menu . How to solve this absence?
>>
>> --
>> Atenciosamente,
>>
>> Prof. Carlos A. S. de Andrade
>> LAPEA - Laboratório de Pesquisa em Economia Aplicada e Engenharia de
>> Produção
>> Universidade Federal de Campina Grande.
>> Centro de Humanidades
>> Unidade Acadêmica de Economia