[Gretl-users] Building only gretlcli

Sven Schreiber svetosch at gmx.net
Mon May 18 06:29:59 EDT 2015

Hi,

I would like to build the current development version on a Linux server
where I will/can only use the command-line (CLI) version of gretl
without any GUI. Are there any instructions about configure switches or
similar on how to build this CLI subset of gretl? I couldn't find
anything apart from the standard "full-build" instructions (but I
haven't looked very thoroughly).

I do not have root access on that server, and I'm not sure if a standard
full build of gretl (including the GUI version) would succeed due to the
build dependencies, but maybe it would. However my preference would be
to only build what's really necessary.

thanks,