[Gretl-users] Building only gretlcli

Sven Schreiber svetosch at gmx.net
Mon May 18 06:54:13 EDT 2015

Am 18.05.2015 um 12:46 schrieb Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti:

> What you'll want is mostly the --disable-gui and --prefix= options to
> configure.

Thanks for the quick answer. --disable-gui sounds good (and --prefix was
obvious).

> However, one important thing for optimum performance is the libraries;
> there are several alternatives for the LAPACK flavour, for example.

Typically I would assume that "someone" installed the optimal libraries
for the hardware of the machine. In any case, I'd like to get it running
first and then later I can worry about the optimum...

> Also, for optimum performance you'll definitely want to compile gretl
> with OpenMP enabled (and possibly mpi too), so be sure to ask your
> sysadmin to set up those too.

Actually I just need a primitive type of parallelism where I will launch
several gretlcli processes with different and isolated parameter
constellations. The system's own job scheduling should take care of the
rest I think.

thanks,