[Gretl-users] TikZ

Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti r.lucchetti at univpm.it
Wed Nov 18 14:15:41 EST 2015

Of course we all know that we can use gretl for producing pretty graphs.
Then, you can save them in some format (eg pdf) and include them in your
documents: slides, article, PhD thesis, whatever. We all do that.

However, if you need to customise them, the choice of the TikZ format may
be especially convenient for LaTeX users, since a TikZ file is essentially
a (relatively little) text file in which you can insert graphical
elements, text, TeX maths and so on.

Since turning a gretl graph into a TikZ file is quite easy (thanks to
gnuplot), I wrote a little "how-to" on the gretl wiki.

http://gretlwiki.econ.univpm.it/wiki/index.php/Save_a_gretl_graph_in_TikZ_format

I hope this is useful.

   Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali (DiSES)

   Università Politecnica delle Marche
   (formerly known as Università di Ancona)

   r.lucchetti at univpm.it
   http://www2.econ.univpm.it/servizi/hpp/lucchetti