[Gretl-users] WG: Re: TikZ

Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti r.lucchetti at univpm.it
Fri Nov 20 11:58:29 EST 2015

On Fri, 20 Nov 2015, Allin Cottrell wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Nov 2015, juergen.malitte at t-online.de wrote:
>
>> Running the given skript on the recommended Internet-page I've got the
>> message:
>>
>> "C:\Program Files (x86)\gretl\wgnuplot.exe"
>> "C:\Users\malitte\AppData\Roaming\gretl\gpttmp.g09584": exit code 1
>>
>> Fehler bei Skriptausführung: Stopp
>>> end plot --output=@dotdir/empty.ps
>
> Sorry, it should be made clear that this Lua-TikZ business is not going to
> work with the wgnuplot executable that is bundled with gretl for Windows, nor
> will it work using the gretl package for Mac OS X. It requires that the Lua
> library is installed and gnuplot is built with Lua support (and of course
> it's useful only if a TeX system is installed). For now it's basically a
> Linux-only thing.

I was under the impression that it's not impossible to have the Lua thing
working under windows. See here for example (in French):

http://perso.uclouvain.be/allan.barrea/opencv/gnuplot.html

   Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali (DiSES)

   Università Politecnica delle Marche
   (formerly known as Università di Ancona)

   r.lucchetti at univpm.it
   http://www2.econ.univpm.it/servizi/hpp/lucchetti