[Gretl-users] winsor function moved to package extra.gfn

Sven Schreiber svetosch at gmx.net
Thu Sep 21 04:38:51 EDT 2017

Hi,
the 'winsor' function to perform winsorization (a kind of trimming) on
series has been transplanted from the winsor.gfn package to the updated
version of the extra.gfn package.
('extra' is a growing collection of individual smaller functions that
are useful mainly for scripting, but also for general use.)

Therefore I will remove the winsor.gfn package from the package server.
Thanks a lot to Jason He / JoshuaHe for contributing the original winsor
package!

To use the transplanted function it should be enough to do something
like this (after an 'install extra.gfn' if it isn't there already):

include extra.gfn
series y_winsorized = winsor(y)

... for an existing y series.
As always, if something doesn't work, we welcome bug reports or
questions here or on the sourceforge tracker (sourceforge.net/p/gretl/bugs).

Thanks,
Sven