[Gretl-users] Couple issues I encountered with Gretl

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Mon Sep 25 09:47:48 EDT 2017

On Sun, 24 Sep 2017, Guy Krug wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Couple things I noticed in using Gretl on my Mac.
>
> First is it localized to Japanese for some reason on install. I was able to
> poke around and change it to English. My system is in English and so not
> sure why it didn't read that correctly.

I've seen surprising language choices on Mac a few times before. Could
you tell us what you see if you open a Terminal window and execute the
following two lines?

echo $LANG
locale

> Second I noticed that there was recently code added (07/23) to handle
> quotations on importing CSVs. I have a CSV with names in it and some names
> have quotations (like O'Brien). For now I can delete that column but
> perhaps worth adding an option to ignore quotations.

We'll look into that. It might be helpful if you could send me a copy
of the CSV in question so I can see exactly what's happening.